remote control addressing problem: Toshiba and Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote control addressing problem: Toshiba and Series 3

I have a Toshiba RS-TX60 and just got a Tivo Series 3. I'm trying to set up the remote control devices and am having a problem. I set the remote address for the Toshiba to 2 using the Toshiba's peanut. And then set the Series 3 peanut to 3. When I go back to watch the Toshiba, if I press any button on the Series 3 remote it changes the remote address of the Toshiba to 3 (or really it changes it to match the whatever the Series 3 remote is set to). I slid the DVR switch on the Series 3 remote and when I pressed a button the remote address changed again (I had that set to 1). I even borrowed another family member's Series 3 remote thinking my remote was defective and just pressed the play button and the remote address changed on the Toshiba to match it. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.

Each unit will keep changing to whatever remote is used if you are still in the System Information screen. Be sure to fully exit from that screen (not just that page) before using any other remote.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X