2 x Series1 & Lifetime Transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 x Series1 & Lifetime Transfer?

I have two Series1 DirecTivo boxes (T-60 & GXCEBOT) with lifetime sub I purchased in 2000. I'm considering taking a leap into HD. As I understand the current situation, D* and Tivo have had an on-again, off-again business partnership. Equipment-wise, we're currently in an 'off' phase whereby an HD DirecTivo box does not exist, just a stand-alone HD Tivo DVR. However, I hear rumors that the two companies are about to kiss & makeup. Based on all this, what are my best upgrade/transfer options? Transfer one, or both units to Series3 or HD Tivo? Upgrade what I have and ride out the storm...waiting for an HD Tivo unit to appear? Or, split the difference and go for a Series2? Suggestions or advice anyone?

PS - Tivo & dual tuner addict.

I wouldn't characterize this as on-again-off-again. They worked produced hardware together once; now they don't. They haven't ever turned around on that issue. Yes, they do still update software together, but they always have, and that's a legacy of their hardware in the field.

If you love TiVo, you should really look at your cable offerings and see if you can make the switch.

The Series3 and TiVo HD won't work with satellite at all.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X