Unable to find SAT signal 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to find SAT signal 2

I upgraded by TIVO SD-DVR-40 a few months back with a much biigger hard drive from Weaknees. It was working great until about a month ago. I keep getting an unable to find SAT2 signal message on the screen. I've switched the SAT 1 & 2 input cables and it still indicates an issue with SAT2. The problem isn't constant. I've taken the unit back apart to see if there were loose connections inside, couldn't find anything. I had DirecTV come out and they changed my multiswitch. That didn't solve the problem. The problem seems to be on the higher number channels.

I'm wondering if I have a tuner problem in the DVR that can be easily fixed or if I need a new DVR.

Thanks.

If you are using the S-video output. Disconnect it and try composite video output. Some have found this to be a solution to the Sat 2 problem.

Comment

unfortunately not the solution

thanks, but I'm not currently using the S-Video output.

I'm also curious if anyone has ever replaced a tuner in one of their DVRs.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalDisaster View Post
        thanks, but I'm not currently using the S-Video output.

I'm also curious if anyone has ever replaced a tuner in one of their DVRs.
        My Samsung S4040R, a series 2, uses a Conexant CX24108-20 chip for the tuner. The chip was used in Dish receivers 4 - 6 years ago. The chip was prone to overheating if it was mounted poorly. People remounted or replaced the chip. An upgraded chip, CX24109-11, which was less heat sensitive, was available as a substitute.

If I had intermittent tuner 2 problems I would buy a can of cold and a heat gun and test the temperature sensitivity of the chip. Learned how to that in 1965.

Comment

Had the same problem, chances are the tuner is bad. Good news is that it can be fixed by WK. Cheaper then a new unit. Send an email for a qoute

Comment

Working...
          X