two drives to one bigger drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two drives to one bigger drive

my series 2 tivo 540040 only reconizes 40 hrs with both hd's connected , but will not boot to tivo central without the second hd connected in the tivo .do i have to mount both of these drives to do a backup and upgrade to a newer and bigger single hd 320gb or can i mount only the original tivo drive and do the backup .

That's pretty strange. Could it be a jumper issue with the master drive? Did you use Linux to connect the drives? More info is here:

http://tivo.upgrade-instructions.com
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

i didnt check the jumpers on the orginal tivo drive (stupid me) I did use linxus weeknees upgrade info from your site.maybe the jumpers is my problem for not getting the added hrs after upgrade . may try again this weekend thank-you

Comment

well i tried to do a two drive backup and had set my bios to boot from cd , after following instruction from hinsdale #7 pc still boots to windows . then i tried to do a simple upgrade instead and checked the jumpers on both hds .still says varible up to 40 hrs nothing to add.getting discouraged. maybe send the whole thing to weeknees to do.

Comment

Working...
        X