SONY svr 2000 and digital cable--HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SONY svr 2000 and digital cable--HELP

Hi..has anyone been sucessful in using a series one Sony svr 2000 and a Motorola DCT 700 digtal cable conversion box....the box has no analog tuner in it..when I hook it up using either rf or av..the setup page shows no signal to the tivo..the series one does not have an s cable..and I have used both the Motorola and the GI settings in the setup procedure with an IR blaster.. nothing works....the Motorola box works fine with my tv it just will not operate...so far...with the series one...I have been using the tivo on a splitter from the cable ..and not the box...to record up to channel 77..my HBO is digital channel 551...any input...the Tivo has a lifetime on it and I would hate to waste it............thanks

So the cable box can't output in composite?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

sony svr 2000

cable box only has rf and av ouputs..no s cable

Comment

Right - composite is AV.

Comment

HI...thanks for your replies...the Motorola cable box does not send a signal to the tivo..when I use the rf or the av cables....these are the only outputs on the cable box....is there a problem because this model DCT700 does not have a analog tuner in it..????????????????thanks again

Comment

Nope - that shouldn't matter at all. Are you in Guided Setup on the TiVo where it asks what video input you're using?

Comment

Working...
            X