student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student

please help i have a windows xp notebook with tivo desktop installed now my computer only has 1gb left so i can't transfer any more files so i got a western digital 1tb external hard drive i reformatted it to ntfs and this new drives letter is (e but the tivo desktop only recognizes letter(c which is the hard drive in the notebook i called tivo 4 times but to no avail they claim that they are only trained to help with the wd expander and wd says that they are not trained to work with tivo desktop when i go to tivo desktop i cannot find any way to cofigure this external hard drive to be recognized by the tivo desktop

Can you just copy files from your internal drive to the external, then use TiVo Desktop to get more files to the internal, move them, and go again?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

student

thank you wk-michael for your reply,no i cannot tranfer any more files my pc only has one gig left but like i said i connected a new western digital 1tb but the tivo desktop won't recognize it. now i know thus far that it can see the internal hard drive in my pc but not the new external hd.i need the new hd acknowledged by the tivo desktop.

Comment

Right - my point was: make more space on your PC drive by moving some files from it to the external.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

student

now i understand thank you so much i did it and it worked. i was also informed that i should partition the drive so i am going to do that.thanks again w-k michael.

Comment

Working...
          X