General Questions ... Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions ... Please help

I just purchased a new Series 3 HD Tivo and have ordered cable cards from Verizon Fios. I have some questions I was wondering if someone knew the answers to.

Does anyone know if it is possible to activate a Tivo box with Tivo prior to actually getting the cable cards installed? I guess that is a 2 part question --

a) Can I get it activated with Tivo the company and
    b) Can I actually go through the setup process with the actual Tivo if it does not have any service (because there are no cable cards yet).

a - Yes, you can definitely activate it with TiVo before you install CableCARDs.

b - Yes, you can (and should) go through Guided Setup before the cable technician arrives.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Change to DIGITAL in 2009

Will my current DIRECT-TIVO dual tuner machine still work when the industry changes to Digital in 2009?

I don't have HD-- not worried about that. I just wanted to know if my 2005 era TIVO is going to stop working?
      Last edited by ReenieSR; 01-02-2008, 12:43 PM. Reason: wrong icon

Comment

Originally posted by ReenieSR View Post
        Will my current DIRECT-TIVO dual tuner machine still work when the industry changes to Digital in 2009?

I don't have HD-- not worried about that. I just wanted to know if my 2005 era TIVO is going to stop working?
        The switch to digital in 2009 relates to off-air antenna signals, not to DIRECTV or cable TV...so in 2009, nothing is likely to change with your signal or TiVo.

Comment

Working...
        X