purchasing guidance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchasing guidance?

I want to be able to pull shows from my DVR, pull them to my PC, and put them on DVD. I would like to stay with Directv, but from what i've read i may be out of luck doing this with my R10 or my R15.

I'm looking for the cheapest/easiest way to get this accomplished.

recommendations? i've been reading a lot of posts here there and everywhere, but just am not getting anywhere.

Thanks

Jason

You'd really need a standalone TiVo to get those networking features. But in doing so with DirecTV, you spend more and lose some other features. See the info here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-guide.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Excellent info. I apologize for not responding quickly.

So here is what i'm thinking...please let me know if i'm nuts...

Purchase a Tivo Series 2 DT (i have no immediate plans to go to HD). Drop the DVR service from Directv and then pony up a few more bucks a month for the Tivo service.

I've read the warnings from other folks regarding the IR delay on the remote. So I guess what i really need to know is what directv receiver works best with a SD standalone tivo. Again, i have an R10, R15, and a old silver. Don't know if any of those are candidates to be used inconjuction with the tivo unit i plan to purchase.

appreciate your comments.

thanks!

Jason

Comment

The DVRs (R10 and R15) won't work at all with a standalone TiVo. What's the model of the other unit?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The other unit is a reallllly old Hughes, Silver edition.

Comment

That Hughes will work with DIRECTV only.

Comment

Working...
            X