Series 1 - rebooting and green screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 - rebooting and green screen

I have a Series 1 - HDR31202. It had a second disk drive installed when it was brand new.

Yesterday, for the first time, it went into a reboot cycle. Each cycle ended with the "just a few more seconds now" message. I powered it down, let it sit a few minutes, and powered it back up. The severe error "green screen" came up, and it apparently repaired itself in about 15 or 20 minutes, and seems to be working fine now.

So I have two questions:

1) Based on the WK overviews and numerous postings in the forums, it looks like this is most likely due to problems with one of the disk drives, correct?

2) I can get a WK replacement kit and replace both of my existing drives with one or two drives, right?

So now I just have to decide if I want to wait for additional errors, or go ahead and replace the disks now...

Originally posted by rsr View Post
    I have a Series 1 - HDR31202. It had a second disk drive installed when it was brand new.

Yesterday, for the first time, it went into a reboot cycle. Each cycle ended with the "just a few more seconds now" message. I powered it down, let it sit a few minutes, and powered it back up. The severe error "green screen" came up, and it apparently repaired itself in about 15 or 20 minutes, and seems to be working fine now.

So I have two questions:

1) Based on the WK overviews and numerous postings in the forums, it looks like this is most likely due to problems with one of the disk drives, correct?

2) I can get a WK replacement kit and replace both of my existing drives with one or two drives, right?

So now I just have to decide if I want to wait for additional errors, or go ahead and replace the disks now...
    1. Correct.
    2. Correct.

Comment

Working...
    X