Need technical help regarding Pioneer DVR 810 HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need technical help regarding Pioneer DVR 810 HS

Hope I can find someone to advise me on a technical issue. It may sound complex but hope you can follow along.

I have (2) Pioneer 810-HS DVR units. These are the ones that have the built in DVD burners where you can copy programs from your playlist to a DVD. I'll call them unit 1 and unit 2.

In unit 1 the DVD drive firmware vers is: DVR-106X 1.54

In unit 2 the DVD drive firmware vers is: DVR-77H 1.31

Here's my problem! Unit 1 is very finicky about reading certain DVD's and at this point doesn't want to burn ANY DVD's.

Unit 2 will read ALL DVD's and will burn any DVD media I put in it. It seems like it must be a firmware issue since each one has a different firmware version. How can I go about changing the firmware on unit 1 to be the same as the firmware on unit 2 since unit 2 is working perfectly?? Or to put it another way.....how can I upgrade the firmware on a Pioneer 810-HS DVR? Hope someone can help out on this problem. Additionally......I have no idea why the units have different firmware versions. Perhaps because I bought them at different times. But surely the firmware can be upgraded to the latest version available. I just need to know how to go about doing it. Thank you.

It sounds like you have a bad burner in one of the units. Pioneer used different DVD drives and firmware numbers, but the functionality is the same when the units are working. See:

Replacement TiVo DVD Burners

Comment

I would prefer a different solution.

I would prefer a different solution.

Comment

Sorry - that's the only solution we have to offer.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X