6.2 versus 6.2a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.2 versus 6.2a

March 9th is quickly approaching. 6.3f has yet to appear. And after it appears several to many weeks will be required before I will allow it to be loaded on my Series 2 DTivos.

I have three WeaKnees DB35s. Two with 6.2-01-2-381 and one with 6.3e. Why did you use 6.2 for "Prep a Replacement "A" Drive" instead of 6.2a which you used to "Prep a Single Add-On Drive" which I mistakenly ordered?

Can you "Prep a Replacement "A" Drive" to 6.2a if I need to go that route? Which I will do around the middle of February.

With DirecTV since 1999. I now hate DirecTV thanks to 6.3e.

When we prep an add-on drive, the software on your replacement drive dictates the software you will have after the installation of the replacement.

With your TiVo model, a replacement drive from us will not have 6.3e.

Comment

I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean to imply that you loaded 6.3e on a drive.

To make it short and sweet. I have three drives purchased from you between June and October. All three ended up with 6.3e on them. Two of the drives were sent back to you for a "Prep a Replacement "A" Drive" for a Samsung S4040R. Each of them has 6.2-01-2-381. Which means that it is what you loaded onto the drives.

Assuming the internet pundits are correct I will need 6.2a to correct for the new DST. Do you have 6.2a for S4040Rs in case I decide to p*ss away an additional $65 each to get 6.2a via "Prep a Replacement "A" Drive"?

It is 5 months to the day since my 320 GB drive had 6.3e activated and I knew my TV viewing was going to troublesome.

Comment

If you have ordered drives from us in the last 6 months, which you have, you will get the same version or 6.3e...we don't retain all of the interim versions for all TiVo models, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
        X