Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black & White with pulsating color bars

Hughes SD-DVR80 - 6.3e

I know I have read about this problem in other boards, but, a search did not yield my exact problem.

A few times a day, on various channels but mostly local channels, the screen will turn black and white and bands of colors will pulsate thru the picture, eventually stopping, with the color bands staying in one place.

The only way to make it stop and go back to a regular picture is to pause a few times, and wait or reboot. If I can grab the remote quick enough and pause right as this stuff starts, it will stop it and go back to regular color picture. This will happen two to three times right in a row and then may not do it for a few hours or days, but, it is an ongoing problem.

I've heard this is a 6.2e problem, but, was wondering if any upgrade found here might put a stop to it. I've been wanting to up my hard drive to make more room, but, now that it is doing this, I am afraid to do anything to it.

Thanks.

Are you using an S-Video cable? If so, have you tried using a yellow composite cable instead?

Comment

No, I am using the yellow composite cable.

This only seems to happen on one of the outputs. I have the 2nd output going to my DVD Recorder so I can save programs off of the Tivo.

Comment

Try switching the outputs, so that the "nonworking" one goes to the DVD.

Comment

Working...
        X