Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTivo R10 locking up

Hi,

I replaced the hard drive last month in my 2 year old R10 with a 750GB Seagate DB35 because I was having problems with pixelation and video skipping. The hard drive seems to have fixed those two problems, but now my Tivo is locking up. The picture freezes, and it does not respond to the remote or to pushing any of buttons on the front of the unit. It did do it a couple of times before I replaced the hard drive, but it does it more and more frequently now. It seems to do randomly, while I am watching live TV or a recording. The only thing I can do to bring it back is unplug it and let it restart. Is this a power supply problem?

Could be, but it's more likely a software issue. Is the drive from us or did you prepare it yourself?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Prepared it myself from my original Tivo hard drive, with the instructions and software download from WeaKnees.

Comment

Then it's possible that the OS on the original drive was a bit corrupt, and you copied the problems over to the new drive. Were any errors shown during the copy?

Comment

No errors, everything went smoothly on the first try. Tivo started right up after installing the new drive. Is there a way to re-prep the drive with a good copy of the OS?

Comment

You could have us do it; otherwise, you'd need to find a clean copy of the OS somewhere. The original problems do sound like drive problems, so you very well might have gotten a bad copy.

Comment

Working...
            X