Setting up -- no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up -- no video

I just picked up a new TiVo today and thought I could easily just swap the pugs and wires from my old one directly into my new one, but no, it's not working. My TV programs are on Video 1 but TiVo is on another channel. I used to know how to fix this, but I've forgotten and I'm tired.

The old one was an 80 hr. series 2 and the new one is a dual tuner 500 hour series 2. I haven't attached the splitter yet so I know I can only record one show until I do.

Thank you!

Alice

Did you tell the new one to get the input from coax?

Is it that you don't see the new TiVo menus on the screen, or you don't see live TV through the TiVo?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I don't see live TV through the TiVo.

Comment

Are you sure you're using the correct input on the back?

Are you using cable or antenna?

Comment

Ok, I have no clue why it's working now. I unplugged all the plugs and started again, and it still wasn't working. Went through video setup again and it still wasn't showing live TV. Went through video setup again. Third time it worked. I don't get it, but it's working. I wonder if something is loose?

Ok, it looks like I can only get basic cable channels. It says Seachinf for signal on Cable Box In. Switch tuners for more info. ?????

Comment

Sounds like you don't have your cable box connected properly or perhaps need to repeat guided setup.

Comment

I'm in the middle of redoing the guided setup for about the 5th time. It also downloaded an upgrade. When we got to the video part again, I couldn't see any live video.

This is frustrating because I had my old TiVo hooked up and there wasn't a problem. Maybe I should switch that one back here and put the new one in the other bedroom. ;(

The actual setup isn't complicated -- I don't know why I'm having a problem with this. I've set up all my previous TiVos. Is there anything different about setting up a dual tuner, other than the splitter?

Comment

I think we have asked before, but do you have a cable box or not?

Comment

Yes, a Motorola from TWC.

Comment

At times, the TiVo won't show the video as a backdrop properly on the setup screen, but it will be OK. If you get a "Video OK" message and you're sure it's on the right input, then proceed and see if it works in the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X