HR10-250 Video output turns colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 Video output turns colors

I have a HR10-250 that sometimes cycles through stange colors on the video output. It cycles and then sometimes turns to black and white picture and then cycles back to the correct color again.

If I hit replay to see if it recorded it it is not there. The replay color is correct with no problems.

If I catch it during its cycling most often when I hit a replay I can tell I can stop the action by either that or using the menu in some fashion.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thank you

Are you using HDMI?

Comment

Just the RCA output jacks. The Yellow, Red, White ones. NOt composite and no HDMI being used.

Comment

Have you tried new/different cables?

Comment

I switched the rca cables once i do beleive and still saw the same thing. i do have once of the zinwells things near my hr10-250 units so maybe it could be that too.

Have you ever heard if such a problem?

Strange feeling... A while back I somehow think I caught it doing this when the unit was either doing a download of data or maybe a weak sat signal at the time - not sure how I came to this conslusion to tell the truth. Just always have it in the back of my mind. Maybe hocus pokus theory lol.

Comment

My HR10-250 does that occasionally also. I'll stop the playback and then start it again and it's OK. I'll go back over the same spot again and it doesn't do it.
            I'm not sure if it's the HR10-250 or the Sony TV.

Comment

It is not your sony tv because mine does it and I have a JVC tv.

Comment

We've seen problems like this, but almost always over HDMI (and the problem is a bad HDMI card). For other color issues like this, especially at 480i, we'd guess it's an issue of bad cabling or interference.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                X