Watching programs after disconnect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching programs after disconnect...

I'm having AT&T U-Verse installed today, and will (after I'm sure I'm keeping them) have my DirecTV/TiVO cancelled. I own the DirecTV/TiVO box, though, have upgraded its hard drive and have many recorded programs on it.

How can I access those programs after Uverse is installed?

Thanks!

Donna

You should be fine to watch those shows. Just unplug it from the SAT cables before you cancel your account.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Not working... here's what I did and what happened... Disconnected the DTV/Tivo from the satellite cable and TV and turned it off to move it. Later I reconnected it to the TV (no satellite cable), turned it back on and waited while it searched and searched for the satellite. After awhile it let me use the "list" button and I got a listing of the programs that had been recorded.

But when I went back several hours later to try to watch one, it did the satellite search thing again (I hadn't turned it off), and ended up with a blank, blue screen (the TiVO background screen) with no info and no buttons on the remote would get me back to the list screen.

How do I access those recorded programs? I think one of the sat cables may still be active, do I need to reconnect it to one?

Comment

If you press "live TV" then you'll force a SAT search again. If you go to the Now Playing List, you should be able to just watch what you had.

Comment

I'll try again, but that's what I'd done, gone to the Now Playing list... and it wasn't working.

Comment

We do it here with units that arrive for repair - and we have no problem doing it w/o the satellite hookup, so I know it works. If you had a SAT cable connected when you terminated service, though, that might cause this.

Comment

It was working this afternoon... I left it on the "Now Playing" list after watching a program, rather than turning it off. I'll see later if it's still on the Now playing list when I come back to it. Thanks,
              Donna

Comment

Working...
              X