HR10-250 setup problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 setup problems

I just purchased a HR10-250 from a reputable seller off of ebay for a number of reasons...the modem on my RCA DVR80 stopped working almost 3 years ago and occassionally the HDD clicks (sign of a soon to fail HDD).

I plugged it in for the first time last night via a S-video cable both thru my home theater setup and directly to my TV with the same results. I have not tried HDMI or component connections. I know the S-video cable is good as that's what I use for my DVR80. I have yet to contact Customer Retention to have it activated because I wanted to make sure everything worked first (ie signal strength).

It goes thru the boot up process and gets to the "Directv: Almost there. Just a few minutes more" screen. After its few minutes I loose the picture. It seems as if it isn't sending out a video signal anymore. I know something is still running as I can use the remote control and the controls on the unit itself and hear the beeps.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I don't want to loose Tivo inplace of DTV's DVR software.

Thanks!

You might just be on the wrong output format. For S-video to work, you need to be set to 480i. Anything else won't work.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      You might just be on the wrong output format. For S-video to work, you need to be set to 480i. Anything else won't work.
      Thanks, that was the problem. After that screen, for some reason, the format changed from 480i to 480p. I just needed to change it back to 480i.

Comment

Now I've got another question though. My old RCA DVR80 used a dual lnb pointing at Satelllite 101 (A). I've read quite a bit about either needing a 3-lnb dish or 5-lnb dish to get any kind of HD. I know that everything won't be available to me on the HR10-250

I was very happy with my DVR80 except for the issues above. I wanted the HR10-250 for four additional reasons though: Tivo, HDMI connection, the ability to record OTA HD, and the slight chance of maybe getting some HD channels.

WK-Michael, help me out...what are my options.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

It'll still work with that dish, but just without the HD dish channels. You'll be able to get OTA HD still.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X