Mixing off air signal with cablecard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing off air signal with cablecard?

I just ordered my first Tivo (HD) from this site, and I've been looking around trying to find an answer to this, with no luck yet.

I plan to get two CableCards of course, so I can record two channels at once. However, I'm curious whether you can set up 2 CableCards + antenna input to get broadcast signals.

The issue we have is that our cable company (TimeWarner) doesn't carry HD CBS in our area, but we are within a mile of the broadcast tower for the local CBS affiliate, which does broadcast their signal in HD.

What I'm curious about is whether the Tivo would be able to receive CBS over the air but also have the two CableCards connected. In other words, can you set this up so that when you're flipping channels it is seamless? NBC, Fox, ABC all on Cable but CBS coming from antenna?

Similarly, could we watch one station through cable (e.g., ABC) and record CBS from the antenna at the same time?

(I could of course set up an antenna attached directly to the television, but then wouldn't be able to record it.)

If anyone could should shed some light on this topic, I'd appreciate it!

Yes, you can get off air HD stations and CableCARD stations; they are combined into one menu.

Yes, you can watch one antenna station and record another antenna station...or any combination of 2 off-air and CC stations.

Comment

Thank you for the quick answer - exactly what I was hoping for!

Now I just can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

Working...
      X