Old DirecTV Tivo / New DirecTV dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old DirecTV Tivo / New DirecTV dish

We recently purchased an HD TV. I have scheduled DirecTV to come out and install their HD DVR version (against my better judgment, but what can you do....). This installation will include a new DirecTV receiver, a new DirecTV dish (replacing my old one) and new wiring.

I want to keep my old DirecTV TiVo and continue using it as a spare. However, I am being informed by the installer that the new DirecTV dish will not work with my old DirecTV TiVo.

Is this true or is this the usual mis-information being provided by installers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Susan

This is totally untrue and it is misinformation.

Comment

It's my understanding that it will work for the 101, 110 and 119 satellites, but not the 99 and 103.

Comment

Originally posted by jimisham View Post
        It's my understanding that it will work for the 101, 110 and 119 satellites, but not the 99 and 103.
        That is exactly right.

Comment

Great. Thank you. I thought from my understanding that it was a bunch of bull, but I just wanted to check. I am paying extra to have new lines dropped so that I can continue using my old DirecTV TiVo for some recording. Maybe the installer just wants to try to avoid the extra work.

I hoping that, with the new management changes, DirecTV and TiVo will patch up their differences. I am really not looking forward to DirecTV's new HD DVR after using TiVo's for over a decade. I know that DirecTV has made improvements to fix problems with their HD DVRs, but still......

Anyway, thank you again,

Susan

Comment

Working...
          X