Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Screen Loop...

Hello all,

I have a Series2 Tivo 540040 that I recently (about a year ago) upgraded to 2 250GB Seagate Hard Drives. I have had absolutely no problems with my Tivo since I upgraded. I woke up this morning to the Tivo saying Welcome! Powering up... Then it says Almost There! Just a few minutes more... and it never gets out of this loop. It will eventually reboot and keep this pattern.

Now, when it is powering up the light behind the little Tivo guy and the green light to the left of the IR receiver are lit. When it says Almost There!... for about 2 minutes, the light behind the little Tivo guy turns off. At this point I am able to push my remote buttons and the amber light will flash. I have even gotten the screen to flash the Tivo Central menu (Now Playing, etc.) but it is simply the menu categories with a black screen behind. At this point it will simply reboot again.

I am having a hard time believing this is a hard drive issue considering the fact that they are only around a year old with no previous issues.

I am running Windows XP on my PC. Do I need to run both my hard drives through a diagnostics program? If so, how will I be able to do that running Windows XP? (I have seen posts telling me not to do so with WinXP).

If this does not sound like a hd problem then does anyone know what could be the issue?

Thanks!

You should start by testing your drives. See:

http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9

Comment

Seagate Testing

I performed the long test on both my 250GB Seagate drives. They both passed with flying colors. What would I do next?

Btw, I heard that Tivo's were upgrading to 9.3 lately. Is it possible that this caused my issues? I ran kickstart 57 and nothing. I ran kickstart 58 and it said that it was installing an update, but then rebooted again. Then I ran 52 and it rebooted again. So basically nothing has changed. Still won't bootup.

Any ideas for my next step?

Thanks!

Comment

Especially if this happened during a software update (natural or forced) then the likelihood of a drive problem grows a lot larger. We do see drives that pass manufacturers' tests that still fail. Do you have another drive you can try? Or can you re-image one of these at a time from a good image?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X