I'm stuck in Guided Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck in Guided Setup

My son thought he would try to get our Tivo to get digital channels from our cable provider so he started the guided setup. Now it won't connect to Tivo via our phone connection. It dials, I have even picked up a phone and heard the tone pulses and then the modem communication sounds but it won't get any sounds back. Then I get a message "Service not answering". I know there is no problems with My Tivo or the modem because it was working perfectly before he did this. The channel guide was up to date as well. Is there any way to get out of the guided setup once it is started? I tried pulling the power cord, waiting 5 minutes, plugging it in and letting it restart. But when it powers up it takes me right back to the guided setup. No other buttons on the remote will let me do anything. I have checked all my phone settings and everything is correct. I also tried to connect over 20 times for about an hour and a half, every time I get the same "Service not answering" error. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Never mind! After reading some of the other posts on other topics I entered a local Tivo phone number in the prefix section of the dial up connection settings. It finally connected. I have a series 2 single tuner Tivo brand dvr and I wonder if the toll free number for tivo that is stored in it is no longer in service. Once I entered my local number in, it connected the first time! Wow what a relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdog View Post
      Never mind! After reading some of the other posts on other topics I entered a local Tivo phone number in the prefix section of the dial up connection settings. It finally connected. I have a series 2 single tuner Tivo brand dvr and I wonder if the toll free number for tivo that is stored in it is no longer in service. Once I entered my local number in, it connected the first time! Wow what a relief.
      I have the same problem with my old TIVI PHLIPS DSR6000. It can not complete the call - Tested phone line Ok - Can hear the modem noise on the other end - then hangs up with Service not answering message.???
      Where do you find a local TIVO number and where to you enter this numer ? I enter my area code and it is supposed to retrieve the current list of local dial in but it does not go through and give me the error message above???

Thanks

Comment

See the info here:

http://www.weaknees.com/phone
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I got the info - Thanks - it did not work immediately but it finally went through with ,#396,, PHONE NUMBER

Got the list of local number, select one in my area and went through fine.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Sounds good - widespread, and annoying, problem.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X