Series 2 locks up when going thru menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 locks up when going thru menus

Recently I purchased a hard drive upgrade for my Series 2. The unit records and operates fine....except that occasionally when navigating the menu system with the Tivo controller the unit locks up. It is then necessary to unplug the unit from the wall, wait a minute or so and reboot. Operation will be normal until the next time. Happens once every couple of days.

Any ideas??

That sounds like a bad new drive. Did the unit do this before the drive change? Is the new drive from us?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The unit did NOT lock up prior to the installation of the new hard drive which was purchased from Weakness, March 2008.

A new drive was installed because the original drive failed and the unit would not boot!

So far the ONLY time lockup has occurred is when navigating the menu system. It has never locked up during playback, or while recording.

Comment

Contact us at [email protected] and we can get it back here for testing.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ok, thanks for the prompt help. I bought a Logitech Harmony 670 remote to try and tidy up and reduce all the controllers. Will use it for a few days and see how it goes.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X