TiVo does not proceed after channel scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo does not proceed after channel scan

My Sony SVR 3000 worked fine until I tried to eliminate some fringe off-the-air channels using the channel lineup function (no cable or satellite). I did the three-thumbs-down to get into the channel scan function. Everything proceeded well until the channel scan came to the last channel, which in my case is 61. There it came to a stop--the message "scanning antenna channel 61" stayed on the screen overnight.

This problem first arose when my computer modem was inadvertently left online simultaneous to doing the channel scan. After TiVo froze up, I pulled the AC plug for a cold start. When it was subsequently powered up (with the phone line available) the unit went into Guided Setup. Guided Setup worked fine until the end of the channel scan and then the same dead end at channel 61 occurred. By the way, the modem works fine when it dials out to the configuration server at an earlier stage of Guided Setup.

I wonder if there is some software glitch that has occurred within an update since the unit was first installed a few weeks ago? I noticed the following legend on one of the early Guided Setup screens: 9.3-01-2-110. Maybe that is the software version?

My question: How can I get the the unit to go beyond the channel selection process and complete the Guided Setup procedure?
    Last edited by avlombardi; 04-27-2008, 07:27 PM.

Yes - that's exactly what the problem is. See this:

http://www.gizmolovers.com/2008/04/2...antenna-users/
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you, Michael--that URL got me right to the solution on the TiVo website.

Comment

Every time we've signed up a unit here, the software has downloaded on the next try. And the fix is there - we haven't seen the problem with 9.3c.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X