R-10 "To Do List" hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-10 "To Do List" hanging

When I try to check my "To Do List", it starts to hang after about the 5th screen. After that I get the "drum" sound until it catches up. Then I can do one or two screens before it all starts over again.

I haven't gotten to the end of the list in months.

Anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried pulling the plug and restarting your TiVo?

Comment

Several times.

I replaced the hard drive about 4 months ago and it worked ok until the "To Do" started to fill up. It acts like my computer does when the hard drive gets full.

Do any of the other DirectTV receivers have a faster processor than the R10?

Comment

That's essentially the fastest.

Is the drive from us? It sounds bad, and if it's four months old, it's under warranty.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

It's from your company.

I honestly think it is a processor problem.

The reason I replaced the drive was that it would freeze from time to time and also reboot on its own (the freeze and reboot were not at the same time). The To Do problem was also occuring. Since replacing the drive, the freezing has stopped and I can't remember the last unintended reboot.

The To Do list seems to work fine if there isn't much in it, but I have over 100 entries in my Season Pass manager, so it stays pretty full. The arrow in the lower right corner of the screen shows there is more, but unless you let it "catch up" you get the error gong. This happens with the channel down button, but not the up button. It also happens with the 4-way button. If I go to an individual entry in the To Do, the speed is normal.

The software isn't Windows based by any chance is it?

Comment

Actually no, the software is Linux based.

Comment

Working...
            X