Series 3 stuck on 'powering up' screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 stuck on 'powering up' screen

my series 3 box with a WK 750 seagate box is now stuck on the powering up screen. The lights come on for 20-30 sec on power up then go out. Then it stays stuck. The tivo has frozen twice over the last two days and a reboot fixed it. Tried the unplug/wait method. I have mac/xp/vista boxes available. If I get it replaced is there any way to suck off the programming? Any troubleshooting tips that I should know of. I don't think it is the drive but I have not yet tested it. I never used the original drive that came with it. Is now the time to put it back in? If so, will tivo update it to the latest version?

Ugh. Broken Tivo.... really bad.

Help!

IF you can't boot the drive, there is no way to get the programming off--sorry.

It doesn't sound drive-related, but you can try to put the factory drive in to see if it boots.

It is possible that you need a new power supply, which we have on the website:

TiVo Power Supply

Comment

I just tried the original drive and the tivo boots just fine. Looks like it is the Weaknees drive. Any thoughts?

Anyone have any info on what type of filesystem is on the tivo disk? Can I mount it / recover any data? Even encrypted programming would be fine.

Comment

one more thing... the original drive has never been used before. When I got the box I pulled the factory drive and put in the weaknees drive. If I keep the orginal drive in and decide to go the esata route how should I get tivo to do the upgrade to the most current firmware?

Comment

Working...
        X