RF Remote Converter - LED on solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF Remote Converter - LED on solid

I love the RF Remote Converter, and have one for each of my Tivos. Recently, one of them stopped working. The transmitter channel is set to "B" and normally the "B" light blinks whenever I push a button on the remote. Now, the "B" light is on solid, and doesn't respond to anything I hit on the remote. Anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried just unplugging the base station for a few minutes? Have you changed the batteries in the remote? Is the red light on the remote on solid also?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have tried unplugging the base. The "B" light comes back on solid. The light on the remote is not on solid. It's only on when I'm pushing a button, appropriately. I did switch out the batteries, but I don't think it has anything to do with the batteries or the remote. Everything on that side seems to be working normally.

Comment

Have you tried switching to A or C? The difference among the 3 settings is pretty minimal.

Comment

I have tried the "A" and "C" settings. Same result. For example, if I use the "A" setting, then the "A" light comes on solid.

I'm starting to think I'm actually getting interference from the Tivo. I have two RF Remote Converters, one for each of my Tivos. My upstairs Tivo, which is a Toshiba SD-H400, has no issues with the RF Remote Converter. The downstairs Tivo is a Pioneer 810H. Are there any known RF incompatabiliies with the Pioneer?

I should add that the RF Remote Converter for my downstairs box is not brand-new. It did work for awhile.

Comment

No, there are no known issues with the Pioneer, although there could be some sort of interference in the room that is causing the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X