Humax DRT800 Remote Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DRT800 Remote Problems

I have a Humax DRT800 Tivo with DVD Burner that since day one the remote has had "issues" it was spotty at best so I programmed all the buttons into a main universal and rarely even used the Humax remote.

Humax did promise to send a replacement but 2+ yrs now still no remote from Humax despite 4 emails, repeated calls, even filed a BBB report (btw their BBB record STINKS) and I am finding out their customer service skills are as bad.

I wondered does anyone repair humax remotes? I saw a replacement on weaknees here for $49 but wondered since mine is new still maybe it was something simple I could check or do to try and get it working right?

I confirmed the battery springs were making contact, new battery, no corrosion on contacts, my universal works every button every time flawless, my humax remote works maybe 1 out of 100 times trying even the power button only, its just that flaky.

At this point since the box does work great still with the universal remote I assume its just the remote itself, altho I moved that tivo into another room and I need that universal in the other room, so time to either fix my humax or get a replacement.

Thanks for any info or advice.

Bill

You can try clearing your remote: Hold down TiVo and Pause until the red light is solid, then press zero.

Does the remote work with the TV properly?

I don't think anyone repairs these.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the idea, tried it but i get no response from the remote (no light in anyway no matter what I press or hold) I think something inside is not making the connection, I guess since it doesn't work can't hurt to pop it open see if it is anything obvious (I can solder etc) if not guess its time to pony up for a new remote

Bill

Comment

BTW here is that Humax BBB page their ranking is an F

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...nyID=100017152

F We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

Makes me wonder if it is even worth buying a new humax replacement, since the one I got from them didn't work from day one even....

Comment

Honestly, these remotes are great - at least the ones we have, anyway. We haven't seen one fail. They are from Humax, but they are manufactured by a third-party company entirely, and it's the same company that makes the remotes for TiVo.

Comment

Thanks on that reply makes me feel a bit better about the replacement, maybe mine was just a fluke bad 1 out of 1000, just ordered a replacement off the store link above, hope it corrects my issues.

Bill

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will, but if you have any problems, definitely contact us.

Comment

Working...
              X