Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with my Scientific Atlanta cable box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Scientific Atlanta cable box?

I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250C cable box. I also have an older Sanyo television and it doesnt have the AV cable slots so I've been using an RF modulator connected to my TV to play my Xbox 360. Is there anyway to pitch the modulator and use my explorer as the modulator considering it has AV slots. I have alreday tried and failed. I don't know anything about the thing so I figured I'd have more luck getting an answer here instead of blinding trying to configure it. Thanks.

Does your cable box even have av inputs?

Comment

Yes. I had explained that in the first post somewhere, my apologies if I were too vague. It has one set of AV inputs red, white, and yellow. I tried to use my Xbox 360 through it once but nothing came on and I tried switching channels on the TV as well as the cable box but to no avail. I was certain it would work but that I just didn't know enough about it so I decided to ask someone who would be able to walk me through it or at least tell me that it won't work so that I don't waste my time attempting. Thanks again

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that those are inputs. How would you tell the cable box to display what's coming in that way? I don't think I've ever seen a cable box with auxiliary inputs - not that I've seen a ton of cable boxes.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. I tried the auxillary button on the remote that came with it but no respond. Then I looked over the manuel to see if maybe it had instructions to configure the cable box correctly as too allow the Xbox to show through. But yes it has AV inputs alright. Anyhow, I see that you are surprised so it probably doesnt work the way I wish. The only other option that would allow me to do that would be to connect a DVD player or a VCR to the cable box and then use the VCR/DVD to play the Xbox. Alas I have no DVD player with cable inputs and ,lets face it, VCR's are obsolete (I have no VCR otherwise I would use it.) Well, if you stumble upon anything please inform me because I am oh so sick of that modulator, although it has sufficed for three years. Thanks again.

Comment

A new TV with more inputs would also do the trick . . .
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hahaha this is true. I'm saving up for one actually, but until then I'm stuck with my old setup.

Comment

Working...
              X