RCA DVR40 intermittent lose of video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA DVR40 intermittent lose of video

I have a RCA DVR40 with a 160 gb hard drive upgrade installed 12/06. This week, I noticed a loss of video output (blue screen of death) which would last anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Today when I turned on the tv, had a blue screen for several minutes before video came back on. It will often work perfectly for fairly long periods of time. On several occasions I have unplugged tivo and powered back up, which has also restored the video. I have lights on the front panel which do flash in response to the remote buttons being hit. No issues with pixalation which I experienced when the hard drive was dying.

From looking at a number of the other posts, I am guessing that the power supply may be failing, but wanted to make sure that is a correct guess before I go further. Thanks

This is a pretty tough problem to diagnose. I don't think it's a drive problem; a power supply might be worth trying, because if it's not that, it may not be economically repairable.

Comment

Additional questions

Jeff
      Would you be willing to take a stab at guessing what else it "could" be. Could I return a power supply part if it wasnt the problem...And if not the power supply what are my options for a different direct tv tivo...where hopefully I could still use my not too old 160 gb harddrive? Thanks

Comment

Additional questions

Jeff
        Would you be willing to take a stab at guessing what else it "could" be. Could I return a power supply part if it wasnt the problem...And if not the power supply what are my options for a different direct tv tivo...where hopefully I could still use my not too old 160 gb harddrive? Thanks

Comment

I can't really say--could be a power supply or motherboard. Our return policy is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/payment.php

Comment

Working...
          X