Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will DirecTV let me convert to DirecTivo from standard receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DirecTV let me convert to DirecTivo from standard receiver?

I know that DirecTV no longer sells the DirecTV Tivo, and also that WK does sell these refurbished, for existing DirecTV customers. Does it matter what kind of DirecTV service I have now? I'm an existing DirecTV customer (for many years) but I've always only had a non-DVR satellite receiver.

I've also had a Tivo (Series 1) for many years, but I never switched to DirecTV Tivo while it was available. Is it too late? I want dual tuner functionality, as well as more storage.

Basically I'd like to know if I can just ask DirecTV to switch my service from the receiver I have to a DirecTV Tivo -- if I get a refurbished one from WK. I'm assuming they would then charge me an additional $6 or so per month. Will they do that?

Also, can I use my old remote? Can use I use the access card from my old RCA receiver? I might even have a card that's never been activated, since I bought an extra receiver that I've never used.

Thanks for any advice.

I don't see why you'd have a problem switching, so long as you have a normal DIRECTV programming package; you'd just have to order the DVR service. You can use the existing peanut remote, but you'd probably need a new card.

Comment

Working...
    X