Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry if repeat - DSR704 replacing primary drive and want to know ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if repeat - DSR704 replacing primary drive and want to know ..

Can I leave the second drive intact? I bought a second drive several months back and now my primary drive is going out. I bought a replacement drive from ya'll. If I want to preserve shows from the second drive, do I need to pull them off or can I just hook up the second drive at the same time? Will the second drive be reformatted or what will happen?

The new A won't see your B.

And if your old A died, there's no way to get data off the B. The recordings are striped across both drives, so there's nothing to get, really, if you don't have the A.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hmm. Got it. The A drive isnt dead but it is definitely struggling. Using the MFS utilities, could I pull the programing off both drives and then get the recordings off? Are the programs saved in some kind of recognizable video format, like MPEG?

I probably would just leave the video files on a network drive and not bother with TIVO for old programs. Is this possible?

Comment

You'd have to go to two new drives, if you want to save recordings from two drives. The formatting is totally encrypted, so you can't do anything with them other than play them back through the TiVo.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X