Directv R10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv R10

Hello... I've got a R10 which I added a 2nd fan & hard drive to its original 3 or 4 years ago which has always ran fine. Lately i've noticed that a rather loud vibrating sound seems louder at times (guess the hard drive is spinning) than in past plus a few days ago when the electricity went out, the dvr rebooted & this time (for the first time) I received the green screen which took a couple of hours for it to correct itself & return to normal. My question is the fans going bad or is the hard drives going out? Or is it all getting tired & wore out? I know that the current setup is a senior citizen by electronic standards or is just something loose inside that is increasing the vibration noise? I tried to open the dvr up but I can't get those screws to unloosen. I had thought that maybe it just needed to be blown out inside & get rid of the dust bunnies. Anyway just wondering which direction to do... send my unit in & have u guys look at it & adjust accordingly or just get a refurbished 1 & add the bigger hard drive that way. Would appreciate your input very much. I'm spoiled cuz I'm not wanting to be without my dvr/directv for very long.

Thank you for you patience in reading this & your help.

Jana

If your drive recovered from the green screen, then I would try the fans first--the case fan is $19; and the internal fan is $9. See:

TiVo Fans

Comment

Thank you Jeff I will look into that.

Comment

Working...
      X