Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humax DRT800 Tivo Endless Rebooting Cycle, How To add new HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DRT800 Tivo Endless Rebooting Cycle, How To add new HD?

I have a humax DRT800 dvd/tivo series 2 that is stuck in a constant reboot cycle, I had just stuck a dvd in it too so i was thinking maybe its something with the dvd or possibly the hard drive is failing?

I unplugged it overnight next day booted up yet after about 20 mins (once it fully warmed up i guess) It just again started to reboot again.

I checked the exhaust port - the fan is running, i don't think the unit is overheating but i do suspect the hard drive has failed. (I was also getting pixels in viewing played back items recently).

Now I can't even get it to start up after unplugging overnight, even to get the dvd out, it just cycles rebooting over and over.

Sounds like its time for a new drive, i saw the weaknees order a new drive option on the website for this model, http://www.weaknees.com/humax-drt800.php

Anything else i should check or look for to confirm nothing else is broken (power supply etc),
    Thanks for any and all help,

Bill
    Last edited by FTLOSM; 11-14-2008, 12:44 PM.

I saw the troubleshoot your hd thread here (download software for the maker of hd and test) I can pull this and test it no problem, just making sure there is nothing else i should check before placing my order.

I dont care about whats on the tivo, starting over is fine, and seems like using one of their drives would be the best vs messing with an old hard drive i was thinking about trying to put in there.

Just want to get my tivo workin again, thanks for any input on what else i should check or do...

Bill
    Last edited by FTLOSM; 11-14-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Broke out the Torx, took the tivo apart OMG i am sad to say it was a nest of dust everywhere, blew everything out, confirmed the case fan is working well, removed hard drive and dvd drive. I had a blockbuster dvd in there i needed to get out yet when it was in a constant reboot mode i couldn't get the dvd drive door open, taking it apart and using a paperclip saved me the hassle of having to buy the dvd from blockbuster (its already overdue) hehe.

Cleaned everything up, re-assembled figured why not try it, put everything back together again, plugged up and bam welcome, almost there, start song and dance and its working again, altho i doubt its "fixed for good" probably the hard drive failing, but i guess i am just wanting to make sure nothing else is wrong before i invest in a replacement hard drive again here.

I can say giving it a good cleanout sure makes me feel better tho, and who knows maybe ill get a bit more out of it here, at least once it dies again looks like a new weaknees replacement drive is in my future.

Bill
      Last edited by FTLOSM; 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X