Tivo Series 2 No Cable Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 2 No Cable Signal

Just replaced the power supply and upgraded the hard drive in a Series 2 (Thanks, Weaknees!). Tivo screens work fine, but the LIVE TV results in just a black screen ("Searching for signal..."). Tried restarting and re-doing the Guided Setup (twice). Oddly, in "Troubleshooting," the options for channel changing include only serial or IR with a cable box/satellite receiver. I am not using a box. RF cable directly into the TIVO and out to the TV via composite cables (R,W,Y). Any suggestions?

You might have a bad tuner chip, but have you tried connecting the RF cable directly to your TV to see if it still has a signal?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I receive a TV signal thru everything else (cable box, Humax DVR). I tried running the RF cable directly from the wall and into the Series 2, out of the Series 2 and into the TV (via composite RWY). The Tivo screens appear but when I hit LIVE TV, no picture. It's like the signal is not being passed thru the Tivo. Tell me more about this tuner chip. Any way to test it? Is it an easy fix?

Comment

The fix requires that your motherboard be repaired. It can be done, but it is worth it only if you have lifetime service. Just email us your info here:

TiVo Repair Contact Form

Comment

Working...
        X