HD TiVo 1tb WK Terabyte drive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD TiVo 1tb WK Terabyte drive problems

I ordered and installed a 1tb drive from weaknees. After I installed it my cablecards aren't working. I can only get local channels. The software version on the tivo drive is 9.4. Could the problem be how old the software is? Will it correct itself when it updates? I was on the phone with the cable company for 6 hours and nothing they did worked.

The software will update - that's not the problem.

Did the cable company get the new Host ID from you?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

They did not ask for the new host address. I wasn't aware that was drive specific. I thought it was more like a BIOS tied to the motherboard. I'll call and tell them to try that.

One more thing: After I replaced the drive, the front panel showed the resolution in yellow ("480i"). It wasn't doing that before. Is that normal?

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Comment

That light should show and then go out after a bit, but you probably want it on a higher resolution for a better picture.

Yes, you should tell them that you may have a new Host ID and ask them to enter what you show on your screen.

Comment

Nobody on the phone could figure it out. They sent over 2 techs. They replaced the cards. But they said the original cards weren't in the system. They said one of the phone techs probably deleted them accidentally when they tried to help. Still not sure why I lost the channels over 100.

And the yellow lights are still constantly lighted on the front panel and I swear I didn't see them before.

But besides everything seems to be good and I'm very happy!

Comment

Oh, and I get all the channels now. Really, happy!

Comment

Glad it's working. I can't remember off-hand which lights are on when on that model, but my guess is that a reboot would right them.

Comment

Working...
              X