Text blurry and jagged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text blurry and jagged

Hi, just replaced the dead drive with a new larger hard drive in my series 3 Tivo dvr yesterday.
    The replacement went off without a hitch and setting up was a breeze.
    When I started to look for programs to record and read messages etc. I found the text was pretty awful.
    It appears to be jagged and blurry, any ideas what could be causing it.
    My picture looks just fine the problem seems to be on the Tivo side.
    Thanks

Try pressing the "format" button on the front of the unit - it's to the right. That will move you to a higher resolution, which should improve the picture quality.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Look in the black bar BELOW the silver area.

Comment

Text blurry and jagged

I am having the EXACT same problem. (It's nearly three years since this issue was first posted here.) DALESLAD, how did you fix this? This issue has nothing to do with settings on my five year old Series 3HD TiVo unit. I just replaced the original drive, which was dying, with one from WeaKnees. While the upgraded TiVo works properly, all text displayed by the TiVo system (guides, closed captions) is now jagged. It's almost like the wrong font is installed. Any suggestions?

Comment

You're sure it's not a Format issue? What Format is your unit using?

Comment

Text blurry and jagged

I've tried every format and resolution setting. Right now settings are at "Native", "16:9" and "Full". All font and closed caption settings are set to "Default". I'd be happy to send you screenshots if that would help. Thanks.

I have another TiVo set to these same settings, and I am not experiencing the jagged fonts there.

PAMark

Comment

OK - that's not exactly the format. The format is a number like 480i or 720p. Have you tried that button on the actual TiVo itself?

Comment

Sorry. I should have been more complete in my response. I have tried every resolution setting: "Native", "Hybrid", "1080i Hybrid" and "1080i Fixed". Changing this setting has no affect on the clarity of the TiVo-generated text.

Thanks.

Comment

So have you connected to TiVo enough to have the latest OS version?

Comment

The software version is 11.0k-01-2-648. My TiVo is connected to the internet, so I assume that it has the latest OS. When I restarted the unit after installing the new drive, it took awhile to reboot. The software version appears to be different from what it was before I replaced the drive. I see features that did not appear before, such as a folder that shows HD recordings.

Comment

OK - I'm really out of ideas on this one. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to think about this. I might put the original drive back in and see if this issue goes away. If it does, then there must be something about the new drive...

I'll let you know...

Comment

That's a good test - it'll be pretty interesting if the problems go away.

Comment

Working...
                          X