HORRIBLE Noise from HD Tivo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HORRIBLE Noise from HD Tivo!

I came home to a blaring, alarm type noise which was coming from my plasma tv speakers. I had left the set on (running perfectly) while I was gone and I have an HD Tivo connected. There was no picture and nothing I did stopped the noise. A DVD on the different input would play normally. After turning everything off, I unplugged and replugged the tivo back in and it rebooted and everything was OK. I thought this was just a freak one time occurance. Twice since then when I turned everything on, it did it again, then was all right again after the unplugging/replugging. I purchased the Tivo in July of last year. Any advice????

How did you come to assume that the noise is coming from the TiVo?

Comment

Why I think it's the Tivo.

I switched inputs to the DVD player and the TV worked with a normal picture and sound. I unplugged/replugged the TV and changed anything I could think of on it but it still was blaring. By unplugging/replugging the tivo, all was OK.

Comment

OK - hopefully it's just a one-off problem.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean.

Comment

You said it was OK after a reboot. So hopefully that's the end of it.

Comment

No, it's happened three times now....I can reboot it and the noise stops and the picture returns each time, but it's happened three times in a week. It literally sounded like a house security alarm going off.

Comment

horrible noise

look at my post (Grey Screen) and then scroll down just a drop to the reply from kturner1948 instructing me to try going to tivo central, msg's and settings, etc and then clicking on the cable signal strength thing---I tried it (even though the problem was not evident at the time) and when it tested the strength and the meter jumped---it made that "house alarm" sound extremely loudly --- who knows???

Comment

The sound at the signal strength screen is there on purpose to help with troubleshooting if you're aiming the antenna and can't see the screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X