Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tivo and Cox communication Cable Cards help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo and Cox communication Cable Cards help?

Greetings
    I am getting ready to setup my new LCD, TIVO HD system and have Cox communications as my HD service provider. They will "rent" cable cards to be installed in the TIVO unit to support the decoding and access to their HD signal. I am getting conflicting reports from friends and others telling me that the cable cards are not reliable and Cox is not good about resolving issues with these cards, stories such as replacing the cards a number of times, then noting the problem is with the Television or Tivo. Before I make the big investment with a new TIVO HD unit and deal with the frustration of these cable cards, I am looking for feedback from those familiar with Cox communication cable cards and their reliability with Tivo HD units.
    Any help/feedback/work arounds or alternate solutions on this would be greatly appreciated!!

We're the first to say that when CableCARDs first came on the scene, they were a little unreliable, and, more importantly, the cable companies just didn't know how to deal with them.

But that was more than three years ago.

Now, CableCARDs are completely standard, and very, very reliable. Pretty much every cable installer has used them many times, and the offices know exactly how to program them.

While we do occasionally see bad CableCARDs still, it's very rare at this point, and not something we'd consider to be a concern. If you have a bad one, it gets swapped out quickly and easily.

Frankly, these really make using a TiVo great. No external cable box needed - that's a huge plus for faster, completely accurate channel changes, and just less junk in front of your TV.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X