Series 2 setup not listing converter boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 setup not listing converter boxes

I have a series 2 unit which I successfully connected a converter box a couple of months ago. It worked fine until my hard drive fried a couple of weeks ago. I bought and installed an upgraded drive, from WeaKness, and rebooted the unit. I have antenna only, and got through a good portion of the guided setup until it came to the screen where it says to "select the converter box brand from a list below". However, the list is blank. I called TIVO support and the person did not hear about this problem before nor could she help me. When I first installed the converter box a couple of months ago before replacing my hard drive, the brand list appeared and I was able to complete the set up. Has a software upgrade done something to prevent the converter box brands from appearing? I can't get past this screen to complete the set up, and am presently stuck with a useless setup. can anyone here help me?

Thanks,

Paul

You talked to someone who wasn't aware of the issue. You'll need to talk to someone else at TiVo--they need to force some software down to your TiVo to make the list of boxes appear.

Comment

Converter box list not showing up

I had this problem too and even the tivo people were stumped. I tried a host of different zip codes, reading this forum and that forum and nothing helped. THEN when I finally was ready to drop kick my Tivo I called Tivo one more time and got someone who knew something. Here is what you do. You need the latest software version for your Tivo. It is not something you have to have them send you, you can do it on your own. I had the xx.xx.1 version and I needed xx.xx.2 So you force your Tivo to update in Settings and go to dial up or connect to tivo. You may need to do this from 3 to 5 times before it will get all the info it needs. You will also have to reboot your Tivo along the way. Keep checking your current software and when you get the latest version it should then show you your list of converter boxes when you get to that point in setup. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X