Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TiVo drive not booting up (IDE - SATA adapter problem?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TiVo drive not booting up (IDE - SATA adapter problem?)?

I got a new drive from weaKnees. This is my second... no problems with the upgrade on the unit upstairs.

This one though is having issues.

I have a Phillips DSR704. My old drive is IDE. This new one is SATA. I got an adapter from weaknees... it came in the kit. I plugged everything in per the directions, but when I turn on the unit, the drive doesn't boot. It just makes a low-volume clicking noise. When I turn on the TV, it's the same noise, but it comes through the speakers and there is a white flicker on the screen with each pulse of the clicking noise.

I've not touched any jumpers or anything. I followed the directions to the letter.

I did not receive a new IDE cable... I'm clueless as to whether this matters or not.

And of course it's a three-day weekend, so the weaKnees office is closed.

Any ideas? I feel like it's something with the adapter (from IDE to SATA) provided, but I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks for any help.

iDood.
    Last edited by idood; 09-06-2009, 05:03 PM. Reason: left something out.

We answer email at all times, holidays or not, whether our offices are closed or not. Feel free to email us using the contact form on our website. We will likely need specific details about your order, so email is probably better.

Comment

Working...
    X