Series 2 will not boot with Cable Coax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 will not boot with Cable Coax

I have a Series 2 that will not boot if I attach the cable-tv coax. It will boot fine when it is not attached. If I attach it after it fully boots up it will immediately start a reboot.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? This unit is under Lifetime subscription and I would really like to get it working again.

TIA.

P-man.

Why not just get a cable box?

If that won't work, we can repair it, but you might want to have the cable co come out and check out your line.

Comment

Jeff,

That is a good solution and perhaps it will work. I was surprised how sensitive my S-2 unit is. When I just start to insert the copper wire from the coax in my Tivo reboots.

The only problem with this solution is that when a recording is active it will prevent me from changing the channel on the cable box, right? In other words I have to watch on my TV whatever the Tivo is recording as the cable box provides tv signal out to both TV and Tivo.

P-man

Comment

Right - unless you split the cable before it goes into the cable box, and run another leg directly to the TV. Then you can watch a channel via the TV's RF input while recording another on the TiVo.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X