Using TIVo with just a coax input - TCD649080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using TIVo with just a coax input - TCD649080

Hi! We're living in Mexico and all we have access to is cable tv, via a simple coax. We have a HD Tv from which we cannot record and are basically looking for something to record some of our cable programs with which has coax IN connector and hopefully a HDMI - OUT connector.

We were looking at the TCD649080, which according to your chart, can record without a contract with DirectTV, but are confused because someone on another forum says that this is not possible with this box. We presently are using a DVD Recorder as the cable tuner -- the cable co. used to use a cable box but they have discontinued this -- i think it was Standard American.

So, can this box be used to record incoming signals from our DVD box? It doesn't appear that the TiVO box can be used as a tuner so we'd have to keep the DVD box as well. Arg.

Well, have a great morning!
    Last edited by frazelle09; 10-02-2009, 05:51 AM. Reason: try to add signature

First, no current TiVo will record from cable without a subscription to the TiVo service. And the unit you listed won't get programming for Mexico.

All we know of that will work in Mexico is the unit in Mexico City from Cablevision:

http://www.cablevision.net.mx/cobertura/tivo.html
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

WK-Michael, thanks for the info. i guess i'll have to look for some other recording medium.

Have a great afternoon!

Comment

Working...
      X