No TIVO menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No TIVO menus

First time posting here, long time searcher, but I can't find this problem.

I have a TCD652160, Series 3 HD TIVO. The problem I have is I cannot view any of the TIVO menus. I can watch live TV, but when I press the TIVO button, the screen will become all static (like a bad antenna signal) then turn blue. The machine responds to the remote, meaning I can see the signal light on the console, but as it scrolls through menus, I get the static, then all blue again. My wife has memorized the sequence to get to the recordings, and we can watch recordings just fine. If we get the wrong recording we want to watch, we have to hit the up or down button a couple of times to see what comes up. It usually takes a couple of time to get to the recording we want to watch. Things like the info and guide work fine, it's just the menus and navigation through the menus that don't work. I can't decide between connection issues, motherboard, hard drive, or power supply. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking, and hopefully helping.

Maybe that has to do with the Format setting on the front of the unit somehow? I'd try a few different settings there.

Also, have you tried just rebooting the unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have tried several reboots without success. I don't think it is any format settings, have cycled through them all. My wife called TIVO and they said it was a "software issue" and that it needs to be sent in for repair. That was a little too vague for me. I would rather have a pretty good idea of what the problem is before I decide if I need to have it repaired or if I can fix it myself.

Comment

Well, it could be corruption on the hard drive, but having never heard of this before, I'm a bit reluctant to recommend a replacement drive.

If you do want to try one, they're returnable. They're here:

http://www.weaknees.com/s316.php
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm having a similar issue.

Just replaced the Poweer Supply and a new HD both from Weaknees, and my wife said she can not access the Tivo Menu, or the Guide.
          She can change the channel, which will change the cable box.

Lights on the front no problem.

She tried unplugging and plugging back in, but no change.

She did say: "...I noticed last night when using it I kept getting this pale blue screen which eventually led to a “please wait” clock before it did anything."

If that means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by swholden View Post
            I'm having a similar issue.

Just replaced the Poweer Supply and a new HD both from Weaknees, and my wife said she can not access the Tivo Menu, or the Guide.
            She can change the channel, which will change the cable box.

Lights on the front no problem.

She tried unplugging and plugging back in, but no change.

She did say: "...I noticed last night when using it I kept getting this pale blue screen which eventually led to a “please wait” clock before it did anything."

If that means anything.
            Your problem is a little different because you are not using an HD TiVo.

When you press the TiVo button on your remote, does a light flash on the TiVo?

What model TiVo do you have?

Comment

It's a Series 2. Model TCD24008A I believe.

Yes, the light does flash when you press the Tivo Button.

Comment

Can you pause TV and fast forward/rewind?

Comment

When you press those buttons, the light flashes, but nothing happens.

Ok....forget it.

Seems my wife had the TV on the wrong Antenna input.
                  Thanks for your efforts Jeff!!
                  Last edited by swholden; 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

You beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X