Is this hard drive failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this hard drive failure?

I have an almost 6 year old Pioneer 810H. Over the last month I've noticed 1 second skips/shudders. After researching this, I suspect impending hard drive failure. Am I right? My main problem, though, is over this last month I also completely lose sound on playback on ~ 1 in 10 recordings. It seems to be only with longer recordings (more 1 1/2 + hours). No problem with live TV, DVDs or shorter (1 hour) shows.
    What I would like to know is: is the audio problem a sign of hard drive failure? If yes, then I'll replace the drive. If not, what might the problem be and how to fix it?

The skipping and shuddering are both good indications of hard drive failure, and based on those symptoms alone, you should try a new drive.

The audio issues could be much more complicated involving a power supply, a motherboard, a hard drive, or multiple components.

So I'd recommend trying a new hard drive since you likely will need one. If that doesn't solve all of the problems, post back about what it does solve, and we can try to diagnose further.

Replacement drives for your Pioneer are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/pio8.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X