TIVO and component problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIVO and component problems

I am new to the forums, but have used your service to install a new HD on one of my TIVO's.

I have a series 3 HD TIVO. It's connected to a plasma Panasonic TV. The problem is with the component cable connection, I believe. On occasion, minutes after turning on the TV, the blue color drops out, giving the picture a funny tinted picture. I can go to video output, change the input type (ie, 1080p, 1080i, etc) and the color blue will come back immediately. This can make the TV work for minutes or hours without an incident. Is the problem most likely cables or a component in the TIVO that can be replaced? Any idea why it happens when initially turning on the TV but not usually later?

I would try replacing the component cable. Have you tried connecting by HDMI?

Comment

yes, but also problems...

I gave up on HDMI with the unit. The TV is wall mounted, and the HDMI cable would not sit firmly in the TIVO slot. Any chance the 1080p vs 1080i could be the issue? I've been running the unit on 1080p and just changed this am to 1080i to see if any difference. I'd like to avoid a cable change as it requires an installer running the cable for me to the TV

Comment

Well, if you're stuck with that cabling, at least try to remove the ends and put them back on and see if you can get a better connection.

Without being able to try different cables and components, it's really hard to know whether it's the cables or a component.

Can you try a new cable just draped from one to the other temporarily?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X