Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R10 Freezing up (just bought from weakees)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R10 Freezing up (just bought from weakees)

I just bought a Direct tv Tivo from weaknees (R10), finally got it to call in... and seemed to be working great! NOW every day when I turn the TV on the screen is froze up! I have to reboot and all seems fine again!

Help!!!

Do you have your TiVo on a UPS? See:

http://www.weaknees.com/protect.php

Comment

No I do not... why would that stop it from freezing up?

Comment

We have seen many situations in which problems with power (surges and power drops) cause units to freeze, and also cause drives to fail. In addition, if you are seeing new units fail quickly, then it could also be an issue with dish grounding, an issue with the line to the DVR, etc.

I believe you have been emailing us as well, so we can continue the email discussion and try to get to determine if the issue is truly the TiVo, and if it is, whether something outside of the Tivo has caused the problem.

Comment

Please continue this discussion somewhere as the unit is also going quickly black and then returning to the screen I am watching. Like flashing... has done it several times today, sometimes is pixelated quickly some times just flashes and comes back. Not a slow pixelation which occurs when a cloud or storm covers the satellite.

Comment

Working...
          X