Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directtv R10, Gray Screen, RAW data format

Hello,
    I have a DTV R10 with a Maxtor 80gb HDD. I took the drive out to test it because I thought it was going bad because it was missing a ton of season passes. Now that I know that was an entirely different problem I have a new one. When I hooked the hard drive up to my computer to run the tests it changed the drive format to RAW. I ran both long and short tests and it passed both. I reinstalled it and now all I can get is "powering up" and then a gray screen no words and nothing responds on the front panel. My computer uses 2 SATA HDD's so I can't just swap them out and see if this solves the problem, and it seems that if it's not a minor fix I might as well just order a brand new unit. So I guess my question is.....is the unit not booting up because of the change in file format? If so how do I get it back to "normal" or could the drive still be bad despite the passed tests? Thank you!!

We run Maxtor tests all the time and have never had this happen...what testing software did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      We run Maxtor tests all the time and have never had this happen...what testing software did you use?
      I used Maxtor disc utility as well as SeaGate Disc wizard. As a follow up I spoke to DTV they are sending a new one, they said most likely the HDD is bad.

Comment

They're not going to send out an R10, so if you're not happy with the new DVR, you might want to just get a new hard drive:

TiVo Hard Drive for DIRECTV R10

Comment

Working...
        X