Series 2 - won't start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 - won't start up

I have seen several similar posts but with two solutions: HD or Powersupply, so I would like to see which you think I need.

I have a Series 2 Model TCD24004A model and until now, never had problems. I would like to fix it, as I have a lifetime subscription that I would lose if I order a new one.

Yesterday, my unit performed continuous rebooting, but never got past the screen that said "Almost there..." After a few hours of this, I turned the power off and restarted right away, with the same problem. So I turned the power off for an hour and now it won't give me anything. I get a black screen with a white blipping line. No lights on the front of the TiVo, but the fan runs.

Do you think this is the Power Supply or the hard Drive? or something else...

Just don't want to waste time/money on the wrong solution.

Thanks in advance

Hard to know for sure; the first problem sounds like a drive and the second problem sounds like a power supply. You might try both and return what you don't use...or we have this:

TiVo Repair- Flat Fee pricing

Comment

same TIVO model, similar symptoms

Hi,

I have exactly the same TIVO and it experienced almost the same thing this weekend:
      cycling thru the "Almost There" screen continuously. After I pulled the plug and then replugged, now it just stays on the initial gray screen with the msg: "Welcome. Powering up.." . Only the green light comes on the front: no red light or flickers. All efforts to kickstart w/ the pause button have failed.

My question is the same as the previous, but my symptoms are different enough that I wanted to ask: does this sound like more of a hard-drive or
      power-supply issue? ... or both?

Many Thanks,
      J

Comment

Sounds like much more of a hard drive issue to me.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X