Can't uncouple expander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't uncouple expander

I have a stock TivoHD (TCD 652160) with a WD Expander (WD 5000 F032). I began to get freezes on playback about a month ago. I wanted to try removing the Expander as I read they fail more frequently than the internal drive. I powered the TIVO and Expander down and tried repowering the TIVO alone but it would not get past an External Drive Missing message. I got Tivo on the line and they had me go through power up with and without the Expander connected without luck. Now all I get is rebooting to Green screen. I'm assuming the best course of action is replacing the TIVO drive? Will the WD Expander (assuimg it's OK) work with an upgraded 320gb WK drive? Any other suggestions before I replace the drive? Tivo wants to swap out the unit for a rebuilt one for $149.

That does sound like a bad internal drive.

A WD Expander will ONLY work with a stock 160 drive. We do sell those. But we'd recommend just getting a larger drive, and only using the internal drive - no expander. You really don't pay a huge price premium for a larger drive.

Drives for the TiVo HD are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/s316.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X