Tivo HD reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo HD reboots

My Tivo HD has started to reboot about 2 weeks ago. I at first assumed it was the power supply because I noticed my cable box actually reboot as well. I replaced my power supply and the problem stopped for about 5 days. Yesterday it then rebooted twice. The first times (before I replaced the power supply) it was when I was fast forwarding shows, however this time it was while just watching. One show was in SD and the other was in HD.

Reading through the forums I found it might be a drive problem so I ran the kickstart 54 on both my internal and external WD drive. I checked the results this morning and both drives passed with no problems.

So if my drives are good what could be the problem? Last night when it rebooted it even got stuck at the "Welcome..powering on" loading page. I had to unplug the external drive, reboot, and then plug it back in to get it to work.

Could it be the cable card thats causing the problem? I did have the card installed about 2 months ago and it was fine until 2-3 weeks ago which is about the time I got the external drive. The rebooting started about a week after the external drive.

any ideas?

All of the problems you're describing (rebooting, stuck on Welcome) really do sound like hard drive problems to me. You can't always be sure that the drives are OK based on the internal tests - those are sequential tests, and aren't nearly as harsh on the unit as the actual day-to-day use with video streaming in and out.

I'd recommend first divorcing the external drive to see what happens.

Then, assuming it's not completely resolved, try a new internal:

http://www.weaknees.com/s316.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X